If you happen to live in Toronto, Vancouver or Edmonton or the surrounding area, then you are in luck, there is so much to do this Christmas that you won’t have enough time in your calendar for all of it! Here are 5 things you can do in Canada this 2018 Holiday season.
(Don’t feel like reading? Head over to my Vlogs pages to see some of the Holiday videos!)
5. Toronto Christmas Market in the Distillery District of Toronto on until Dec 23 2018 and is Free during the week, but admission costs $6 after 5pm on Friday and is 6$ on Saturdays and Sundays. Food, Christmas shopping, rides and lots of lights to enjoy the Christmas spirit! Don’t forget to visit Santa or check out the Christmas count down clock, you can also latch on to a walking tour!
4. Nathan Phillips Square Christmas Market on until Dec 23 2018 admission is Free there is skating, rides, games and you can complete your Christmas shopping if need be! The Toronto sign makes it feel that much more magical! Grab some hot chocolate, see Santa and cozy around some fire pits to the perfect afternoon or evening.
3. Wonder the city in Yorkville, though the official light up may have already passed, you can still see the beautiful Christmas lights on Cumberland Street between Avenue Road and Bellair Street including a Santa’s sleigh suspended in the air on Old York Lane afterwards you can even go shopping, go over to Yorkville Village to view their two stunning Christmas trees or wander down Bloor Street to enjoy the wonderful window displays and pick up those last minute Christmas Gifts!
2. Aurora Fest on Ontario Place in Downtown Toronto (also in Vancouver, BC) has it all! On until Dec 30th, it costs $15-20; they have a Christmas market, food trucks, ice skating (you can bring your own skates) and you can even go on some rides! Their light garden is beautiful and has some uniquely Canadian light arrangements and the Christmas music ambiance didn’t hurt it.
Check out the Aurora Fest Video Here
1. Glow Gardens in Barrie (also available in Langley BC and Edmonton AB) is beautiful! Admission is $17-23 and it is on until Jan 6th 2018, the icicle forest was definitely the highlight for me, but wandering through it was enjoyable for both adults and kids! There’s a Bar (or two) for the adults and a Christmas market to wander through. For the kids there are swings and jumping dots and can’t forget Santa! With live music, the ambiance is an A++ for some good old fashioned Christmas vibes! It was absolutely beautiful and worth the trip! I recommend to eat before you go, but there is a food truck and some treats inside. You can also get some hot chocolate or hot apple cider, YUM!
Check out the Glow Gardens Video Here
After you have visited all five spots… if none of those lifted you into the world of Holiday, take a step back and check out “The Happy Place” while you begin preparations for New Years Eve!